Is The Stock Market Open Today?
If you like to invest in the stock market then you might wonder on occasion… Is the stock market open today? Like most North American businesses, the stock market is open for trading Monday thru Friday with the exception of major holidays. Both the NYSE and the Nasdaq follow the federal government’s holiday schedule with a few exceptions.
Below are the regular times and days that the stock market is open for business or closed for a major holiday.
The NASDAQ Stock Market Trading Sessions (Eastern Time)
Pre-Market Trading Hours from 4:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Market Hours from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
After-Market Hours from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Quote and order-entry from 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Quotes are open and firm from 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The NYSE and NYSE MKT are open from Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.
Stock Market Holiday & Half Days
Photo Credit – www.thestreet.com
for more information on the NYSE holiday & hours schedule.
for more information on the NASDAQ holiday & hours schedule.
- Read my frequently asked questions or if you need personal 1 on 1 guidance from me on how to fully prepare as well as protect yourself from the misrepresentation please click here.
- Every month I update this post here for my personal "Millionaire Challenge". I suggest you read the entire post and when you reach the bottom you can see my updated progress.
- I highly recommend the Simple Path to Wealth book to grow Your wealth simply and steadily. It will educate you beyond your financial imagination. This is my review of the book.
- If you are new to stock trading test your knowledge here with a basic stock market quiz.
- There are a lot of secrets in trading stocks and I reveal 20 of them in this popular post.
- If you are confused about short selling stocks then read this simple explanation that will clear it all up.
- This free stock research tool will give you all the necessary information on any stock you type into the search bar.
- Do your best to avoid day trading distractions. Especially the 10 I list here.